Singapore, February 2nd, 2017 – The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) Singapore has unveiled its new leadership with the announcement of their Board and Committee Co-Chairs, concluding its 2017 Elections process.
The new IAB Singapore Board, now expanded from eight to fourteen, represents a healthy cross-section of industry players – from publisher, agency, platform to technology providers. They will be tasked with spearheading the organisation’s mission to be a catalyst in growing investment in digital advertising, and representing the industry body alongside IAB Singapore’s CEO & Ambassador to SEA, Miranda Dimopoulos.
“We are excited to be working with such a distinguished Board this year, to further our industry mission. Expanding the Board is a direct reflection of the growth of our Membership and initiatives complementing the growth of the industry,” said Dimopoulos. “Southeast Asia is a wonderfully diverse region increasingly driven by digital and the insights and contribution from our Board will be vital in raising the industry bar even higher.”
The announcement marks yet another milestone in IAB Singapore’s rapid growth over the last four years, having grown more than fivefold (revenue, membership, initiatives) and making its presence felt in the region. Another ambitious year is in store for the organisation, with the addition of Gabey Goh as Content & Education Director to the team, to increase the IAB Singapore portfolio across its research and education portfolios.
Current IAB Singapore Chairman Tobias Wilson predicts another banner year for IAB Singapore: “It’s no longer a question of whether or not there is a need for an industry body like IAB Singapore. Now is the time for action, with brilliant industry leaders stepping up to shift the needle even further towards digital.”
IAB Singapore 2017 Board Members:
- Tobias Wilson, Chief Executive Officer (Singapore), Asia Pacific Digital (APD)
- Su-Lin Tan, Head, Sales Strategy & Operations, SPH Integrated Marketing
- Joe Nguyen, Senior Vice President APAC, comScore
- Joanna Flint, Managing Director, Google Singapore
- Sanchit Sanga, Chief Digital Officer, APAC, Mindshare
- Regan Baillie, Managing Director, Xaxis Singapore
- Laura Green-Wilkinson, Marketing & Communications Director, Dentsu Aegis Network
- Jack Lim, Chief Commercial Officer, MediaCorp Pte Ltd
- Ryan Pestano, General Manager APAC, IPONWEB
- Gavin Buxton, Vice President, APAC, S4M
- Roxanne Somboonsiri, Global Brand Manager, Facebook
- Andrew Calin, Head of Enterprise, HK & SEA, LinkedIn
- James Sampson, Vice President & General Manager, APAC, Dataxu
- Phil Townend, Chief Commercial Officer, APAC, Unruly
The announcement was made during IAB Singapore’s Members Meeting held on February 2, and also saw the introduction of new Committee Co-Chairs, who will be leading initiatives across a range of topics for the year.
The reduction in the number of committees, from seven to four is reflective of the evolving digital landscape, characterised by increasing convergence.
“The idea behind collapsing the number of committees, is to do more with less, and enable us to be more agile and proactive in addressing emerging trends and knowledge gaps in digital,” said Dimopoulos. “I am confident that these passionate practitioners who have put their hands up, will be making an impact on pressing issues facing the industry today.”
IAB Singapore 2017 Committee Co-Chairs:
Mobile & Social
- Masato Sato, Regional Director, Digital, Mindshare
- Andrew Darling, Global Communications Director, Blis
Content & Video
- Isabella Barbato, Head of Marketing, APAC, Outbrain
- Greg Fournier, Executive Director, Strategic Partnerships, APAC, Unruly
Measurement & Standards and Data
- Aaron Boekestein, Head of Agency Business, APAC, Google
- Damien Crittenden, Director, Insights & Analysis, Xaxis
- Joshua Campanella, Regional Account Director, Amnet Group
- Charlie Baillie, Regional Director, South East Asia & Hong Kong, RadiumOne