14 April 2020 – The IAB Southeast Asia and India (IAB SEA+India) has announced its Regional Board concluding the trade association’s 2020 election process with Publishers, Creative and Media Agencies, Platforms – and for the first time home grown super apps – elected to the Regional Board, ensuring the service side of the digital ecosystem is comprehensively represented.
IAB SEA+India Regional CEO Miranda Dimopoulos shared “It is our priority to have as many profiles and perspectives as possible on our Regional Board. We achieved 50 percent gender representation across all of our initiatives in 2019 and surpassing this for our 2020 Regional Board reflects our Membership feel the same.”
In the first IAB SEA+India Regional Board Meeting in April 2020, Rose Huskey, Wavemaker and Justin Peyton, Wunderman Thompson were selected as Co-Chairs of the organisation for a 12 month term.
Dimopoulos added “All Regional Board Members’ contributions are measured on a performance matrix. Rose and Justin topped this in 2019 and as an agnostic trade association, we take the same unbiased view on contributions. We have implemented bi monthly measures to ensure there is no business bias towards WPP by having both our Co-Chairs come from the network. Our priority is always to have the best, and most committed, industry representatives and Rose and Justin are exemplary examples of these.”
Huskey said “The IAB SEA+India mission to grow investment, and inclusivity, across Southeast Asia and India resonates strongly with me. Our Regional Board this year can only continue to lead the way in how to excel here, no matter the economic climate. The IAB SEA+India’s swift adjustment to anticipate and meet the new needs of the industry is why I didn’t hesitate to be more involved with the Executive Committee.”
Peyton adds “I wholeheartedly agree with Rose; we are all adjusting to what will be the next normal and the IAB SEA+India plays a pivotal role in keeping the industry informed, connected and to recuperate as much as possible as fast as possible. I’ve found being on the Regional Board a highlight in the past three years and look forward to being even more engaged in 2020. Miranda and her team have done a stellar job of pivoting quickly to ensure initiatives are as unaffected as possible and continue to excel with their level of commitment and service.”
The IAB SEA+India shared it’s revised 2020 business strategy with Members three weeks ago including the prioritisation of training and certification development and moving all Working Groups and Committees to virtual meetings. The Association also published Life on Lockdown – their regional research study into the effects of COVID-19. For more information please visit www.iabseaindia.com or contact [email protected].
IAB SEA+India Regional Board Executive Committee 2020
- Rose Huskey – Co-Chair and Chief Executive Officer, SEA, Wavemaker
- Justin Peyton – Co-Chair and Chief Transformation & Strategy Officer, APAC, Wunderman Thompson
- Miranda Dimopoulos – Regional CEO, IAB SEA+India
IAB SEA+India Regional Board Members 2020
- Alex Sibois – Director, Head of Agency and Channel Sales, APAC, Linkedin
- Carl Nawagamuwa – Head of Platform Sales, SEA, Google
- Cindy Tan – Global Vice President, Retail and APAC, Display, TripAdvisor
- David Goodfellow – Strategic Partnerships Director, International, Oracle Data Cloud
- Dawn Chan – International Business Director, South China Morning Post
- James Sampson – Regional Head, Strategy & Partnerships, GrabAds
- Jessica Beaton – Director, Media & Digital Marketing, APAC, Studios, The Walt Disney Company
- Karen Teo – Vice President, Global Business Group, APAC, Facebook
- Laura Quigley – Managing Director, SEA, Integral Ad Science
- Matt Harty – Senior Vice President, Asia, The Trade Desk
- Monica Bhatia – Senior Vice President, Client Partner, APAC, Essence
- Sonal Patel – Managing Director, SEA, Quantcast